There is a reason a dog is called a man’s best friend. They don’t care what you are wearing or why you are late. They are happy just to see you. They are very loyal to their owners. But there are much more fascinating and interesting things to know about these man’s best friends other than their unconditional devotion and infinite love.
1. You can actually lower your blood pressure just by petting your pup!
2. If never spayed or neutered, a pair of dogs can produce 66,000 puppies in 6 years!
3. Dog urine has been proved to corrode metal.
4. It is a common belief that dogs can only see in black and white but they can actually see colours – just not as vividly as humans.
5. Normally dogs wag their tail to the left when they’re frightened and to the right when they are happy.
6. Research at the Schillerhohe Hospital in Germany found out that dogs have an incredible ability to recognise the smell of a range of organic compounds that show the human body isn’t working as it should. That is, they can detect disease!
7. Dogs’ eyes contain a special membrane, called the tapetum lucidum, which allows them to see in the dark.
8. A dog’s sense of smell is more than 1 million times stronger than that of a person.
9. When dogs poop, they prefer to do it in alignment with the Earth’s magnetic field.
10. A dog, named Duke, a nine-year-old Great Pyrenees has been re-elected as mayor of Cormorant, Minnesota, in a landslide election.
11. Dogs can recognise up to 250 words and gestures. The average dog is as intelligent as any 2-year old child.
12. It’s rumoured that, at the end of the Beatles song, “A Day in the Life,” Paul McCartney recorded an ultrasonic whistle, audible only to dogs, just for his Shetland sheepdog.
13. When dogs kick after going to the bathroom, they are actually using the scent glands on their paws to further mark their territory.
So apparently dogs can detect your disease you as well as they can corrode metal!
Hope you enjoyed the post. If you enjoyed it, don’t forget to like and comment on our post! And tell us about anything interesting you know about dogs that we don’t. We would love to know.
Do you have a pet dog? If Yes, don’t forget to share with us some tantrums of your dog.
Cheers till our next post!